Three years ago, I signed up to be an exchange student at Butler University, a private college in Indianapolis, IN – USA. Studying in the United States, watching some basketball, discovering this country that I discovered in the movies/on TV was an experience that I had dreamed off for a long time.
And that’s precisely when I met one of the most important person in my life: Rainie. And for God’s sake, I will remember her first words to me until I die: “You smell so French.”. And although we ended up becoming close, it was not that clear in the beginning that we would get along. To be honest, I would describe myself at the time as a stupid kid who had never elevated his thoughts and we ended up our first talk with a fight about religion. But over the next weeks, we started to get along quite well. We were discussing many different subjects, but mostly I felt like she was bringing me something unique. She was helping me to elevate my thoughts. As I had spent a lonely Fall break, she talked to me about the opportunity to join a school trip to New Orleans volunteering to paint houses and so on at the beginning of Thanksgiving break. I joined the trip and had an amazing time there.
But after we came back in Indianapolis, I had a mental breakdown because of various reasons. But she supported me even when I acted like an idiot refusing her offer to spend Thanksgiving with her family. She stand by my side when many people would have left the ship. We then started to discuss every topic from academics to our personal lives. We supported each other through our tough times as through our good times, always trying to give the best possible advice for each other. Even when I went back home, we still kept in touch and we were able to discuss regularly. Rainie even visited me at home and we spent Christmas 2016 together. And to be honest, it was one of my favorite Christmas ever as we visited and travelled around the East of France but mostly as we spent it together.
And here I am, more than a year later visiting her during her final year of college. I can’t believe that four years will have passed since I met her but there is no days where I would regret this once in a life-time meeting. So my final phrase will be to you Rai; “THANK YOU for being the amazing human being that you are always caring, supportive and smart. You took such a important place in my life since we met that I can’t even think having you out of my life. You are amazing!”.
If you know me, you know that music has a very important place in my life. So I just want to share with you my favorite tracks of the moment.
- The Chainsmokers – Closer
- This track is sick. A crazy vocal by Halsey, a slow beat, a catchy melody, meaningful lyrics. Can you ask for something else? Dont think so!
- Twenty One Pilots – Ride
- I have to say that I didn’t like that track very much at first but the sick funky beat got me. The flow is dope. A catchy mix between hip-hop/pop and funk.
- Showtek & T.N.T – Mellow
- The reason I love this track is the melody. It’s so beautiful and catchy that it can help me to get through a bad day. Enjoy!
- DJ Snake & Justin Bieber – Let Me Love You
- Lyrics, fellas, lyrics. If your song doesn’t have good lyrics, it is less likely to be successful. Well, I loved the beat and the melody of the track but the lyrics are what got me.
- Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha – In The Name of Love
- Lyrics, vocals, melody, superstars => Massive hit. Simple & Efficient.
Welcome on my website! To briefly introduce myself, I’m gonna answer 29 questions below, hope that it will help you to know me better.
- Name? My name is Thomas.
- Age & Birthplace? I’m 23 years old and I’m born in Besançon, France.
- Education Level? I have a bachelor degree in Applied Languages and Business Administration and I’m studying to get a Master degree in Business Development.
- Places that you travelled to? I visited Germany, Luxembourg, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, China and the US.
- Biggest fear? My biggest fear is to Fail my life in general.
- Current mood? #Chilling
- Drink you last had? Lime-Cumcumber Flavored Water
- Every day starts with? I always start with a proper breakfast and a shower.
- Favorite song? I have so many but it would probably be either Best Day of My Life by American Authors or Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.
- Ghosts, are they real? I don’t know but I don’t believe in paranormal activities.
- Hometown? Official hometown: Besançon / Unofficial: Indianapolis, IN
- In love? I wouldn’t say in love but I do have a huge crush on someone.
- Jealous of? I’m not really a jealous person except maybe when I see couples walking together sometimes.
- Last time you cried? Well, I think it was in front of a movie. Which? I don’t remember.
- Middle name? Corentin
- Number of siblings? I have a 32 years old brother.
- One wish? Getting my dream life.
- Person you last called? My best friend
- Question you’re always asked?
- Reason to smile? Life
- Song last sang? Shut Up and Dance – Walk The Moon
- Time you wake up? I wake up around 7:30AM.
- Underwear color? Dark colors.
- Vacation destination? USA or Croatia maybe.
- Worst habit? Procrastination
- X-Rays you’ve had? I have no idea.
- Zodiac sign? Capricorn
- Your favorite food? Italian cuisine
- Favorite TV Show & Character? I love New Girl and Schmidt is a role model to me ^^