As a 24 year-old person, I cannot say that I have seen much of the world. I have only visited a short list of countries: Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, China and the US. But I do have seen some of the greatest places that the world has to offer. I discovered a small part of New York, I saw the Grand Canyon, Vegas and the Golden Gate, I explored the remains of Roman cities in Pompeii and Roma and while visiting Barcelona, I was amazed by the sick creativity of Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí.
These journeys allowed me to understand the beauty and the diversity of the world and I became more open-minded. As human beings, we should always be eager to discover, to learn, to travel and to see more of our world. I know that sometimes travelling can be a challenge for various reasons: money, time, fears, obligations … but we should never back up in front of small challenges because the benefit that you might gain out of such a journey will likely overcome the obstacles that you might face.
So here are five main reasons why you should explore the world:
Sequoia National Park, USA
- Discover the beauty of nature
- You cannot imagine what mother nature is all about unless you’ve discovered places such as the Great Canyon, Sequoia National Park, Halong Bay or Plitvice Lakes. You cannot even picture those breathtaking places unless you’ve seen them. Their majestic beauty and proportions will make you realize how small you are and how few power you have in our beautiful world.
Burj Khalifa – The World’s Highest Tower
- Discover some of the greatest achievements of human beings
- The human being is capable of some of the greatest achievements from architecture to product manufacturing. Discovering the creativity of architects and the incredible mindset of engineers will make you realize that we have been and still are capable to create some of the most impressive things in the world.
Three Gorges Dam, China – The World’s Biggest Dam
- Discover new peoples and different cultures
- Well I’m sure that we can discover almost everything from a computer screen nowadays but nothing will replace the social interaction of meeting and getting to know new people. Sure, it’s not easy but it is worth it and who knows who will you met?! As each individual is unique, we all have different cultures with different influences and so on. Discovering that can be really interesting as it will open your mind and soul to new points of view.
Bryce Canyon View / © Thomas Beuraud – All Rights Reserved.
- Open your mind and soul
- All the previous things that I quoted before should help you with this part. If you’re closed-minded (or should I say if you support Donald Trump), well I can’t and won’t waste my time talking with you about what a open mind and soul can bring to your life but otherwise just know that, your life will be much better off if you don’t focus only on your small world and if you emphasize your focus on everything/everyone that is surrounding you.
- Take a break from your daily routine
- Enjoy taking a break from your day-to-day life while travelling. By doing things that are different from your routine, you will gain a true benefit that will help you to be healthier mentally and physically. Go to a fancy restaurant, go to the concert of an artist that you love, find a museum and discover new things, or just do something that you like because at the end of the day, life is short and we should do our best to enjoy as much of each day as possible.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to share it 😉